Thursday 20 November 2008

Are sex blogs sexier?

Today, Neil McIntosh, the editorial director of the Guardian Unlimited, came to our class to play "press conference" with the students. I was very excited about it, as he is working for my favourite news outlet . Actually, he will be leaving that paper soon but I will write more on that very soon. To be honest, I cannot believe he is leaving the Guardian. It is my favourite newspaper and I love its editorial standpoint. My biggest dream is to work for the Guardian some day. Mr. McIntosh, if you don't want your job anymore, I would be more than happy to take it.

In his talk Neil McIntosh pointed out the importance of journalist students having a blog. He was saying an regularly updated blog teaches students those tools that they need later in online journalism. Additionally he said, it would be a great way to show what you can do and how motivated you are.

The reason why I started my blog "It's the thought that counts" is because I know that it looks good on my CV.In his blog Neil McIntosh wrote: "As long as we publish digitally, we will be discussed. Our work will always be social, unless what we produce is so narrow or lacking in interest nobody gives a damn."

No one is discussing my work, Mr. McIntosh. Not even my friends are reading it. I don't think that is because they don't give a damn, to put it in your words. I even posted my articles that were published in magazines. At least the editor gave a damn about them then.
One of my friends recently started a blog and she is telling her readers all about her life regularly. That might include information about what she just watched on the television, whom she kissed last weekend or why she ended up playing strip poker with strangers the other night. People do seem to read her blog and now she is preparing for a podcast because people are so interested in her life. Do I have to talk about my sex life to get people reading my blog?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe no my dear - you don't have to. I'm reading it.

Shan